What are you going to do about your child not talking?
I left the world of speech therapy (following 12 years of practice) and pursuing my PhD, to be a stay at home mom. Having my daughter as my only client has it’s perks. I can work with her when I want. All daily activities are an opportunity for learning. Plus, I was able to join a variety of local mommy and social media Speech Therapist groups. Something troubled me. The same questions continued to present themselves over and over again.
- My child is not talking. What is normal?
- I’m a speech therapist and I feel like I’m just chasing some of my children around the room the ENTIRE session (for those treating children diagnosed with behavioral difficulties).
Then I saw this:
72% of internet users say they looked online for health information within the past year. Resource
And so you have this blog…the inner workings of my brain…to share my knowledge by providing:
Communication Tips and Strategies
- Parent Friendly education
- Strategies for dealing with behaviors
- Obtaining Instructional control (for my SLP colleagues)
- SLP quick references
- and Product reviews